Monday, December 17, 2007

Buffalo boy, won't you come out tonight?

Last week, I went with my Mom and Dad and Uncle Scott to shoot a buffalo. Uncle Scott actually shot it, but only because I forgot my gun. Here is a picture of me and Uncle Scott with the buffalo.



I was surprised by how big the buffalo was! It's head outweighed me by 20 pounds!

Here is a picture of the buffalo next to my Dad, just so you can see how big it is!



Here is a picture of my Mom doing the squaw work.



She is fleshing the buffalo hide to tan it. I guess when she's done tanning it, she has to chew on it to make it soft and pliable. She might have been kidding about that though...

My Dad says he's going to use part of the hide and make me a fuzzy hat. I'm pretty excited about that, (imagine what it would be like to have a fuzzy head!) I'll be sure to post a pic on here when he does.

E Out!

1 comment:

Cbelle said...

Cool! I want to see the fuzzy hat when you get it! Tell your mom if she needs help with the chewing the skin to not ask me.